Wednesday, December 21, 2011

English: Story prompt one

ENGLISH!

Hi, I will be a teacher here for a while, I will be teaching mostly English. I know a lot of work has been assigned this week but maybe you can fit in one more little thing. I going to make a story prompt and I want YOU to finish it. I would like AT LEAST one paragraph (4 sentences) of a start of a story. But don't stop there! You can write as much as you want! This assignment is not set for any due date!

PROMT: Beth (you can change the name) felt along the wall for the door she knew was there. The rough texture of the wallpaper and the smell of new paint made her head spin. Suddenly she felt the small crack in the wall. There! She though triumphantly, she pulled until the door opened...
NOTE: My favorite story will get a prize!
Extra credit questions:
What is your favorite thing about the holidays? (Please use full sentences)(At least a paragraph long!)
~Ms. Bianca
P.S. I am sorry to assign a lot of work!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Beth felt along the wall for the door she knew was there. The rough texture of the wallpaper and the smell of new paint made her head spin. Suddenly she felt the small crack in the wall. There! She though triumphantly, she pulled until the door opened and peeked inside.

    The room had an old table with one side held up with a stack of books, and an old musty chair. She suddenly stood up sharply as she heard the sound of a scream. She jumped up, and a dark shape whizzed past her legs.

    "Domino!" SHe shouted the name of her cat. Running out of the small room she looked around for the source of the sound. She sighed as she saw her mother picking up a vase of flowers. Her mother muttered under her breath.
    "What happened Mom?"she asked
    "Domino, he knocked over my vase of flowers." her mom smiled, "And where were you, missy?" she asked.
    Beth smiled "No where!" she said sheepishly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! A+, I like your creativity towards the story plot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing about the holidays is traveling to be with your family. I love being in my Grandmas' big old house. Packed full with my relatives. It always feels so special. All the kids have a floor that our beds are on, and we have a huge dinner every night. That is my favorite thing about the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you now have 5 extra points towards your grade! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Please use nice words and check your answers twice!! :)